Does My Vehicle Qualify?
Hagerty offers insurance for hundreds of thousands of collector vehicles used for limited pleasure driving, car shows and club events. We offer full coverage for a huge variety of classic, stock, and safely modified vehicles, including:
"There isn't a better place to get insurance."
Vehicles that may not qualify
Hagerty specializes in coverage for collector vehicles. Regrettably, there are some vehicles we do not cover due to their limited collectability, the way they are used and/or the extraordinary risk their use may pose, including:
- Daily-use vehicles
- Camping, off-road or utility-type vehicles
- Late model vehicles that have been highly customized for looks or performance (commonly referred to as “Tuner”)
- Vehicles that are highly customized for appearance and suspension (commonly referred to as "Lowrider")
- Commercial-use vehicles
- Motorcycles or scooters
- Replicas of the 1963-67 Shelby Cobra Roadster
- Vehicles that are used for racing, timed events, autocross or drivers education
- Vehicles modified with features such as a roll cage, wheelie casters, parachutes, nitrous components or modifications that permanently remove the roof and/or doors.
- Vehicles with 700 hp or greater (manufactured or modified)
- Right-hand drive vehicles newer than 25 years, specifically those imported from Japan
- Dune Buggies
- Motor homes or recreational vehicles
All coverage not available in all provinces. This is only a general description of coverage. All coverage is subject to policy provisions, exclusions and endorsements.