We intend to use information collected only in the normal course of our business and as permitted by law. You do not have to provide any personal information when you visit our websites, but we may need to receive some personal information to provide certain products or services, such as a quote.
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
To assist you, Hagerty may provide a co-browsing service that allows Hagerty employees to view only your Hagerty window with you. Hagerty employees will not be able to view any other web pages from your browser. You will be required to acknowledge and agree to this assistance before Hagerty employees can use this service to help you. Hagerty will endeavor to keep all private and confidential information secure to the greatest extent possible. Hagerty will not be able to control any actions on your browser. The co-browsing product will only allow Hagerty to only view, not operate, the client’s browser. Any payment information, social security numbers, or other sensitive personal information will not be viewable by Hagerty at this stage.
The Types of Information Collected
The types of personal information we collect and share will depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Name, address, social security number, driver’s license number, email address, and other contact information;
- Vehicle information such as make, model, VIN, and storage information;
- Premium payment history;
- Information from certain consumer reports, such as credit-based insurance score reports, motor vehicle records, or claims history reports1;
- Information concerning your insurance coverage and premium;
- Information about your additional transactions with us, our affiliates, or others;
- Information otherwise submitted by you, such as information filled out in surveys or questionnaires.
Disclosures of Information
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our potential, current, or former customers to anyone, except as permitted or required by law. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others and we only use information if disclosed in this notice or our privacy notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the sections Hagerty chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
- We may share some information for our everyday business purposes – such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or to third parties who perform professional, business or insurance services on our behalf.
- We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to non-affiliated2 third parties as permitted by law.
- We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you to third-party non-financial companies, such as direct marketers, for the purpose of marketing our own products and services to you.
- For our affiliates'3 everyday business purposes, we may share information about your transactions and experiences
- For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes, we may share information about your creditworthiness or other consumer report information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
You have a right to access and correct all personal information collected about you. You can ask us for a copy of your personal information. Please send your request to the Hagerty address below and have your signature notarized. This is for your protection so we may prove your identity. Please include your name, address, and policy number. You can change your personal information at Hagerty.com or by calling either your agent or Hagerty directly. We can’t change information that other companies, like credit agencies, provide to us. You will need to ask them to change it.
Federal law4 gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing information about your creditworthiness with affiliates for everyday business purposes
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
We also comply with more restrictive state laws to the extent that they apply. For example, if your billing address is in Vermont or California, we will automatically opt you out of sharing your information with non-affiliates for marketing purposes.
If you wish to limit the information we may share about you, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Marine clients email us at email@example.com). Requests must include your name, address, telephone number and policy number or client number. Incomplete information will delay or possibly prevent our ability to honor your request; or call 888-348-8546 (Marine clients call 800.762.2628). Your choices will apply to everyone on your account.
What can you do to protect your personal information? You can protect your information by selecting your passwords with care, using a secure browser when shopping on-line, and shredding items before disposing of them, and checking the accuracy of your credit report. You should also avoid sending credit card information by fax or e-mail.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to
PO Box 1303
Traverse City, MI 49685
1 Information from consumer reports may also be collected on other individuals listed as policyholders, other drivers, or household members. This information is not shared for marketing purposes or as otherwise prohibited by law.
2 Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
3 Affiliates are companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. Our affiliates include companies such as: Hagerty Drivers Club, LLC, Hagerty Media Services, LLC, The Hagerty Group, LLC, and any other members of the Hagerty family of companies.
4 Some state laws may give you additional rights to limit sharing, as noted above.